Sign in to follow this  
PureSlice

Nice to see you back...but no Links Gaming for me

PureSlice    0

Nice to see the site back up. But I guess my Links days are over. With Windows 10 and the current updates, I get a Winerr message and error code. I have tried everything and simply cannot get Links to run. So I guess once Mick has JNPG running on the site I will be back. A little frustrating but I guess inevitable. But with a  new AMD RX-580 in a new system, I guess I was pushing my luck.

Take care all and great to see you back Mick!

PS

Rehit    3

We are going to build an entire official site for Perfect Golf in the near future.

It will basically be what apcd-courses was for Links 2003.
it will be a course repository, design support and resource center, forum, and of course an official tour site.
apcd-courses will of course remain into the future as long as there are enough people to support it.
hopefully I will be retiring in the near future so I can dedicate the time required to make it really something special.

• Like 1

Rehit    3

We are trying to get the tour site back up and running.

it was a very complicated system that was written from scratch by Andrew.

we do intend to restore it.

it is going to take some time because we are having to deal with a new PHP version on the server.

all the data and scripts have been recovered.

we just have to find the time to try and recode everything and get it working.

there is a lot going on that you cannot see...

but believe me, we are giving it hell lol.

sgilmore467    0
22 hours ago, PureSlice said:

Nice to see the site back up. But I guess my Links days are over. With Windows 10 and the current updates, I get a Winerr message and error code. I have tried everything and simply cannot get Links to run. So I guess once Mick has JNPG running on the site I will be back. A little frustrating but I guess inevitable. But with a  new AMD RX-580 in a new system, I guess I was pushing my luck.

Take care all and great to see you back Mick!

PS

I am running Windows 10 and Links 2003 works just fine. So I would not give up on getting it to run on your system. 

PureSlice    0

The funny thing is that I had it working in the past. But since the Windows 10 Creators update and some other updates, I have to wonder if one of those put the skids on it.

PS

john_iv    0

As another data point; I too am able to play w/ Win 10 x64 Pro w/ the latest updates and AMD card.  I do get what looks like a directx error on launch, but on that dialogue box I have an option to 'continue' and Links 7.07 launches.

I should note that I have the DirectX9 runtime dist. installed on this machine which is required for some features in MAME, that may be a difference you could check out.

John IV
www.mameui.info

pmgolf    1

Do you know you can go to a Thrift store (ie. GoodWill) and get an old computer for as little as $50? Use it like a gaming system for playing Links, which runs very well on old computers. If you really want to play Links, you can.

Pete

Frank Dunn    0

I Also had a problem I Sorted it By Buyng a Seagate USB Hard Drive Loaded the Links 2003 on it & Informed the Control Panel that the Program Was From a Previous version

of Windows.After Testing The Control Panel Changed My USB Hard Disc to Windows XP Service Pack 3. & It Works Perfectly.

Dunni

PureSlice    0

Thanks for all the help. Actually this worked out in a way I did not anticipate. We are moving in about 2 weeks and my desktop is being stored for a month. My wife suggested a laptop in the time being and I picked up a great referb Lenovo with Windows 7 Pro. So problem solved. Thought my Links days were over...happy to keep the game alive.

PS

PureSlice    0

A little update....Links works like a charm on the laptop and for a 6 year old laptop it runs smoothly. I did install an SSD for quicker response time overall. Just have to get used to a faster swing meter but no complaints since Links works flawlessly now...

PS